I’m taking a mini-vacation. I’m going to be away from a computer for a little while. It’s Memorial Day weekend and I’m heading to Idaho to brand some cattle. It’s what we do. :) I hate to part ways, but it’s only for a few days. I’m going to try and relax and get caught up on a few projects. Want to see what I’ll be doing? Follow me on Instagram!
While I’m away, feel free to peruse through the archives and dig up some fun and easy weekend projects. When I get back, get ready for some new stuff. I’ll see you in a bit!
It must be the week of unconventional DIY’s because I’ve got another one for you fine folks! Melanie of You Are My Fave had the cutest baby in the world a few weeks ago. While she’s out livin’ the dream, a few bloggers get to attempt fo fill her shoes. It’s my turn today so head on over here to learn how to make these little party favors. I had way too much twine and WAY too much fun. Stop me! To see other faves I’ve helped with in the past go here and here.
In other news: I’m eating too much and I’m almost done with Season 4 of Gossip Girl. It’s amazing that I’m breezing through these episodes so quickly. I haven’t slept in days, but that’s ok! I’m ok.
Hey y’all, hey! I’m very excited to tell you that I’m a new DIY contributor for Dotcoms For Moms! DFM is a style site for the stylish mom. It’s filled with fun inspiration and tips on making life more beautiful for the modern woman and I’m stoked to be a part of it! I’ll be posting projects over there regularly so make sure you stop by and check ‘em out. You should actually just head on over there now and plan to be addicted to all the eye candy. There’s something for everyone. I don’t even have kids yet and I’ve been glued to DFM for weeks!
My first project is an EASY PEASY party garland. And it’s made out of loofahs?!? WHAT?! Click here to see the full tutorial on Dotcoms For Moms.
Photo by Skunkboy
Well, I don’t know how I did it, but I somehow found time to finish season 3 of Gossip Girl. I’m in season 4 and the drama just keeps. on. coming. Jenny Humphrey is a lost soul.
The photo above is by the lovely Katie Shelton of Skunkboy. She has such a style that I’m envious of and her tutorials are easy peasy. Just look at that cute bow! I must make one this weekend. What will you be doing? I’ll be working and finishing up some projects. Follow me on Instagram to catch a few sneak peeks of what’s gonna go down!
Some very pretty packaging.
These will be gracing my garden.
Get in my kitchen right now.
Her camping posts are killing me.
Considering these colors for our SOMEDAY nursery.
Crepes for one? Okay.
My newest obsession.
The weather is getting pretty hot over in these parts and I’ve got popsicles on the brain. Nothing is more satisfying than a popsicle on a hot summer day with some David Bowie playing in the background.
The kids in our neighborhood have started whipping out their lemonade stands and I’m crossing my fingers that one of them will create a stand where I can hang out and enjoy popsicles all afternoon. Here are a few examples of the season’s most tasty treat:
Just think about David Bowie, ok? Not like Ziggy Stardust David Bowie. But more like Jareth from Labyrinth David Bowie. Or runway judge from Zoolander David Bowie. Think it over…
Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,
And for a whole slew of popsicle recipes, click here.
I’m a regular at all of the Michael’s crafts stores in the greater Denver area. It’s true. I go to Michael’s at least 2-3 times every week. A few weeks ago, I was perusing through the dollar bins on my lunch break and came across some vintage circus party supplies. I freaked out! I immediately camped out and started collecting everything I could get my hands on. They had everything from animal masks to muffin tins to vintage stamps. Everything is 2 for $3 and it’s very easy and affordable to put on the perfect partay. Click on through for more pictures and information! continue reading
Photo by Fabric Paper Glue
Today I’m in Utah. I come here every year to visit my mom on her special day. We have LOTS planned and I am going to be running around the valley all day. Whenever I come for a visit, I make sure to have a laundry list of places to eat. We’ll be in Salt Lake City tonight so if you have any suggestions for where to go, I’m all ears!
The photo above is a cute clock DIY from Fabric Paper Glue. Mandy is a creative genius and this clock is sure to turn heads. Go here for the tutorial!
You can still make something for her!
You know I love succulents.
The best video I’ve seen in a while.
Mother’s Day in a box. No words.
A very sweet tumblr.
The cutest tray roundup.
Mom tatts. You better put these on.
You guys! I am so overwhelmed with the messages, emails, and comments on yesterday’s post. I had a huge pit in my stomach after I posted it, and you made me realize that I did the right thing. Your words of encouragement made me feel so much better and helped me to know that everyone is in the same boat. Thank you for making me feel better!
With Mother’s Day around the corner, I thought I’d share a few of my favorite cards. Etsy is a great place to find original paper goods. The card above is from TabletopMade and puts me in a super cheery mood.
Maybe go for a cute floral print? These are by BerinMade and are a gorgeous addition to any mom’s day gift.
A few more gems: 1, 2, 3, 4
I’m heading back to Utah for the weekend. Gon’ spend some time with my girls. There are some fun adventures planned and I can’t wait to show you what’s going down. Stay tuned!
I’ve caught the bug. I’ve caught the blog bug. It’s an epidemic and I can’t help but get on board. I’ve been debating with myself about whether or not I should post this. It all started with Jess Constable and this post and there has been a wildfire across the interwebs ever since. Many of you who read this know me on a personal level and there are many of you that do not. I’m not sure how this post will be received, but I’m hoping that after it’s finished, and after you read it, you’ll know me a bit better. Here goes:
- I’m extremely sarcastic. Anytime I am uneasy, sad, or nervous , I use my words as a shield.
- I have a hard time saying “no”. I stretch myself way too thin because I have an incessant need to please.
- I’m a workaholic. I have no life because of the previous bullet point.
- I’m extremely competitive. Good because I’m driven. Bad because nobody likes to play games with me.
- I’m a worrier. I read too much into things and this causes me to create insane stories in my head and freak out over how something may potentially play out.
- I absolutely love my family. I would do anything for them. Even my dog. We don’t say, “I love you” a lot, but we show it. My family is incredibly close and this can make it difficult for others to join. My husband was so awesome and patient with me as I struggled to find the best way to share him with everyone.
- I’m prideful. There. I said it. I’m usually the last one to apologize. I’m working on it.
- I feel like a huge failure. A lot. I continually set goals for myself and continually fall short of them. Most of these goals are crazy and practically unattainable right now, but I can’t help myself.
- I wanted to start this blog 3 years ago and I never did anything. I kick myself on a daily basis because I feel like things would be so different right now. I love, love, LOVE writing this, but I feel that because I’m so busy with my two other jobs, I don’t have the time or creativity I would like to fully throw myself into this wonderful project. I started out wanting to post one tutorial every week, but haven’t had the availability to create beautiful projects. I feel like I’ve sacrificed quality for quantity at times. I may scale back, but I’m not totally sure about that move.
- I loved Pinterest and other inspiration sites in the beginning, but now I have been staying away. I haven’t pinned as much because it can be an inspiration overload. I am constantly finding new blogs and projects that are
better than mine better than the last. Everything looks perfect through the eyes of my computer screen. It, at times, makes me feel very small and VERY unimportant. Erin of Design For Mankind explains this very well in her post. I still love Pinterest though and think it’s an amazing idea.
- I am dying to be a mother. Logan and I have to wait a bit longer and it kills me to be around moms and their cute cute babies. I know that motherhood will be in my future, but every day that it doesn’t happen is hard.
- I want to go to a taping of The Martha Stewart show and am hoping that dream will come true some day.
- I believe that anyone can change their circumstances if they try hard enough. When Logan was laid off from his job three years ago, it hit us hard. We were newly married and just starting out. While it’s been a struggle, I honestly wouldn’t change what happened. We’ve become so close and really learned to rely on each other and nobody else. I’m a planner and my plan was thrown out the window. We’re more behind than most, but we really appreciate the value of a dollar and I know that this experience will help us to value our successes in the future.
- I’m constantly trying to better myself. This blog has pushed me to better my photography and design skills and is pushing me to go outside of my comfort zone. I’m scared, but excited. I know that there is always someone out there who will do it different and maybe better, but all I want to make sure is that I’m proud of everything I share here.
This blog has been a HUGE outlet for me. Most of the posts I write are short and sweet. But this one feels so good to write! Wow! There’s more I could write but I will leave you with the few bits I have. I hope you don’t judge and I hope that you have gained a little insight into what goes on behind these cyber pages. If there is something you want to get off your chest, I urge you to do so. There is so much pretty around the internet and we need to remind ourselves that reality is better than any dream. I didn’t want to get too deep here, but I wanted to mention a few things that I’ve carried with me for awhile. You all help me more than you know. The internet can be a wonderful thing. It’s a great way to connect and make new friends that, although you might never actually meet, make you feel like you’ve known them a lifetime. I have made some great friends in the short amount of time that I’ve been doing this and I couldn’t feel more blessed. Amazing opportunities are coming my way and I know it’s from your support. Thank you for coming here each day and reading what I have to say. You’re wonderful and I love ya! Now I promise I won’t be mushy for AT LEAST another week. ;)
As I type this, I’m watching Gossip Girl. I’ve never seen it before and I have blown through the first two seasons in a very short amount of time. And guess what?!? Husband initiated it! He’s just the best, and has an eye for sleezy television. I’m so lucky.
I’m sure you’ve heard that Tangerine Tango is the color of the year. I’ve been trying to find subtle ways to work it into my home. I was at Ace Hardware the other day and it hit me. BOOM! Candles. I was thinking about dipping the bottoms in paint, but let’s be honest, I’m a dipping fool and it has to stop.
I decided to use some drawer liner in that sticky “Grip It” texture. Read on to see the full how-to. continue reading