Spotlight: In Love With You Look Lovely Photography

August 14, 2013

I’m about to seem really vain…

Maternity by Adeline Ramos

Okay. So if you have ever tried to take a serious photo of me, you know that it is an almost impossible task. I say inappropriate things. I start to sweat. My face starts to twitch. Seriously. I’m a hot mess when the camera is on me and only me. I am so happy to be pregnant, but I had ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTIONS of having any maternity photos taken. I’ve snapped a few pics on my iPhone to remember these painful/painfully wonderful moments, but I don’t really share those with the human race. But I want to share these. Not because I’m in them. But because Adeline Ramos of You Look Lovely Photography is THAT GOOD. Maternity by Adeline Ramos

A few weeks ago at the Eat Drink Create event, I was lucky enough to meet Adeline. She and her funny funny soul mate, Erik, were visiting Colorado from New York and stopped by to check out the party. I love when you meet new people by chance and they quickly become great friends. The girl is amaze. Just amaze. Before she and Erik headed back to New York, she asked if she could take a few photos of me with her snazzy film camera. I was a little uneasy, but I thought it would be a good time. If she didn’t get any good shots, at least she would get a good laugh. Maternity by Adeline Ramos

You might think that I have weird posture. You might be right. These days, I walk around sticking out my pelvis and rolling my shoulders back. It’s a natural feeling. Maternity by Adeline Ramos

To be completely honest, I was seriously sick about how the photos would turn out. You can delete with digital! But with film? You only get one shot! I was afraid that I wasted all of Adeline’s film, but she was so encouraging and made me feel as calm as one could make this Diet Coke fiend.

I’m so happy with the photos. These are just a few of my faves. I didn’t want to go overboard and have you thinking I was REALLY self-obsessed. Even though. You know. I am. Adeline captured things perfectly and I’m so grateful that I’ll have these photos to remember my last months before meeting Baby Girl Ward (BG-dub). It’s a special thing. And now I might cry. I better go. But before I do, I will go to the grave promoting Adeline and her amazing talent. If you are in New York, check her out. Even if you’re not in NYC, still stalk her. She travels a lot and she could be coming straight to you. Visit her blog! We love her.

Just a note – I know it looks like my hands are all low and inappropriately-placed. But I have the world’s longest torso okay? My hands are in the right spot. ;)

photography: all photos by You Look Lovely Photography

54 thoughts on “Spotlight: In Love With You Look Lovely Photography

1. Lexy Post author

Oh gosh, Joy, you are so sweet. Poor Adeline had to deal with my freakish personality while we shot these! She’s sooooo talented!

1. Lexy Post author

Kels, now I want a cannoli. Thanks for the confidence boost! I’m actually really glad we have these photos now. :)

1. Sarah N.

Beautiful photos! I love your outfit as well. Would you mind telling us how to dress so beautifully when pregnant?? Love it!

1. Lexy Post author

Bah! Sarah! It’s totally the film. It just makes everything look one thousand times better! For me, skirts have been a godsend. I wear them almost every day! Thank you for being so sweet!

1. Lexy Post author

Thanks, Suzannah! I’m definitely glad we had these taken at 7 months instead of 9! I would have been too big and uncomfortable to get out in the fields!!!! :)

1. Lexy Post author

Katy! I just love you. Just go and get pregnant tomorrow. ;) You are so sweet. I definitely don’t feel like a mother, but I think I’m on my way! :) XOXO

1. Lexy Post author

lez-be-honest. It’s the film! We all know it! You make an ugly face and it comes out all normal. I don’t know how it works. :)

2. Adeline

Lexy! You are so stunning and so sweet that the moment I saw you, I KNEW that we that we were kindred spirits and that I had to photograph you before I left Colorado! I’m so glad you love your photos and that I was able to capture such a beautiful and special time in your life! Love you, girlie!

1. Lexy Post author

Girl. Friend. I have no words. Honestly. I can’t wait to look back on these years from now and cry all over again when I see them. You are absolutely wonderful and I can’t wait for you guys to come out and visit again! ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD!

3. Janee Lookerse

HOT MAMA!!!!! Oh my goodness. You are the prettiest pregnant lady I’ve ever seen!!! You look amazing and your hands don’t look inappropriately placed at all. Plus you don’t sound even remotely vain. I do need to know where you got all the pieces of that outfit though! I love it all! The skirt, the sweater and that necklace. LOVE IT!

xoxo
    Janee

1. Lexy Post author

Janee!!! It’s all in the film! Seriously! I was freaking out and spazzing out and somehow, magically, I look normal! The skirt and sweater were clearance items from Urban Outfitters a few years ago. And the necklace is a recent purchase from Anthro!

4. Tan of Squirrelly Minds

Aww Lexy you are so beautiful! That baby bump just looks perfect on you. I’m so glad you got these photos done to remember this precious (and short) time with BG-dub!
    xo
    (and happy surprise virtual baby shower! HOW FUN!)

5. lyndsay

aww! you look totally gorgeous and glowing! just perused all the wonderful posts in honour of your virtual baby shower – sooo sweet and so many lovely presents for your babe! congratulations again!

PS i think you will be happy to have these mama-to-be pics later down the road… it’s fun to reminisce and be like, “woh my belly looked like that?” my photog friend took some snaps of me at 9 months pregnant in a bikini at the beach, no less! whattt!!

PPS never thought a thing about your hand placement until i read it in your post.. heehee! long torso!

bump pride!!

1. Lexy Post author

Bhaahahahaha! I love you. Wasn’t the virtual shower amazing?!? I’m blown away by the generosity of my friends. It’s crazy how great everyone is. And I’m so happy I have these photos! I was super uneasy about it in the beginning, but I’ll be glad to have a print or two in the baby’s room. Crotch-hands and all! ;)

1. Lexy Post author

Jenny! Thanks, my dear! I bought these outfit pieces (minus the necklace) a long time ago and I’m super glad I held onto them!

6. Jamie B

Lexy you are so funny! The way you wrote this post just made me laugh. But on a side note…you are beautiful and these pictures turned out AMAZING! I’m not really comfortable in front of a camera either so it’s always nice to have a photographer work their magic.

1. Lexy Post author

Hey Jamie-girl! Thank you for your sweet words! Adeline definitely blew these out of the water. She has such raw talent and just told me what to do and where! It made it SO much easier! :)

7. Amy Larkin

I CANnot tell you how much I appreciate your *normal* pregnancy photos. Those semi-nude pregnancy photos are just….not my thing. So basically I’m telling you, I love your photos. :) Also: your hair is gorgeous. Pregnancy hair? :)

1. Lexy Post author

Oh girl. I am far too familiar with the looney prego photos. I once saw a picture of a pregnant woman in a bra and underwear and she was WRAPPED IN CHRISTMAS LIGHTS. It was the most intense thing I’ve ever seen. And my hair is so so grey at the roots! That’s what this pregnancy has done to me. Yikes!

1. Lexy Post author

Heather!!!!! Hey lady! Thanks for the boost in fashion confidence!!! I can only fit into skirts these days. :)

8. Joelle

You are far too self conscious my dear. These photos are incredible! And you look absolutely gorgeous. She did a great job, and I know that you’ll cherish these forever! xoxo

1. Lexy Post author

Joelle!!!! You are so very very nice! I’m so glad I had these taken and I’m SO glad Adeline was there to coach me through it! She made the magic happen! :)

1. Lexy Post author

Nicole!!!! You are so sweet! How are you feeling, doll? Any better? I’m blown away by the beauty that film is! And the skirt and shirt were clearance at Urban Outfitters, and the necklace is from Anthro! :)

1. Nicole @ EverlyEmil

I’m feeling so pregnant! Haha! Ready to have this baby. It feels like yesterday we were in Utah having our baby discussion! You look adorable sweet friend and I can’t wait to watch you blossom even more as a mama!! :)

1. Lexy Post author

Carmen!!! Thank you! I’m so glad we have these photos. I should just let people talk me into everything! :)

9. Aileen@AtHomeinLove

I LOVE these photos, and your outfit, and your hair. You are so pretty! I am also totally awkward when the camera is on me and me alone, but these photos make me want to take maternity photos too (in the future, when I’m actually pregnant of course).

10. Pingback: Fresh Find Friday : The Proper Pinwheel